Miso lamb cutlets with rocket and pear salad recipe and image courtesy of Australian Lamb; australianlamb.com.au
- 1 medium sweet potato, scrubbed, cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp miso paste
- 1 1/2 Tbsp mirin (or lime juice)
- 8 lamb cutlets, frenched, fat trimmed
- 80g baby rocket leaves
- 2 small pears of your choice, cored, thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 3/4 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted, chopped
- 20g parmesan cheese, shaved
- Chopped chives, to serve
Lightly spray sweet potato with oil, season and cook in a large char-grill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine half the oil with miso paste and mirin (or lime juice). Season and brush cutlets with the dressing.
Reheat the same large char-grill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat and cook cutlets, in batches, for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside on a plate loosely covered with foil to rest for 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine baby rocket, pears, celery and sweet potato. Drizzle with remaining oil and balsamic vinegar, season and toss to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts, parmesan and chives. Serve with lamb cutlets.