A Hunter man will face court today after being charged with alleged property offences in Newcastle and Lake Macquarie.
Sometime between 3pm on Sunday 10 January and 7.30am on Monday 11 January, police claim two businesses on Pendlebury Road at Cardiff were broken into, with laptops, iPads, power tools and other industrial equipment taken.
Following extensive inquiries by the Lake Macquarie Police District Proactive Crime Team, officers stopped a Mazda 6 on Minmi Road, Fletcher, about 1.30pm on Wednesday 13 January and spoke with a 31-year-old man.
Police conducted a search of the vehicle where they allegedly located items believed to be stolen from the above premises as well as methylamphetamine and housebreaking implements.
The man was arrested and taken to Toronto Police Station, where he was charged with 10 offences, including:
- Enter enclosed land not prescribed premises without lawful excuse;
- Destroy/damage property (x2);
- Aggravated break and enter dwelling etc in company steal;
- Aggravated break and enter commit indictable offence-in company-steal;
- Possess housebreaking implements;
- Possess prohibited drug; and
- Goods in personal custody suspected being stolen.
Police will allege in court the Birmingham Gardens man was involved in property offences around the Newcastle area in December 2020, too.
He was refused bail to appear at Toronto Local Court on Thursday 14 January.
Anyone with information about property theft is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or https://nsw.crimestoppers.com.au