Think the humble dried grape can’t be the star of the show? Think again! These two desserts just wouldn’t be the same without sultanas and raisins.
Mini ricotta cheesecakes with raisin compote
Serves: 12 | Prep: 15 min | Cook: 30 min
- 170g (1 cup) Australian raisins
- 12 x plain circular biscuits (e.g. Butternut Snap Cookie, Granita etc)
- 300g fresh ricotta
- 250g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 300g sour cream
- 1 orange, juiced and 2 tsp rind kept
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line 12 non-stick muffin pans with biscuit at bottom. Use an electric beater on low to beat the ricotta, cream cheese, sugar, eggs and 1 tsp vanilla in a bowl until just combined. Beat in sour cream and orange rind.
- Spoon among the lined pans. Bake for 30 minutes or until firm. Place in fridge for 2-3 hours to cool completely. Once cold, remove cheesecakes from pan gently.
- Meanwhile, simmer raisins and orange juice in a small saucepan over low heat for 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cool for 20 minutes. Stir in remaining vanilla. Cover and chill for 2-3 hours.
- Serve the cheesecakes topped with the raisin compote.
Recipe courtesy Rachel Scoular of @healthyhappyhabits & Australian Dried Grapes
Vegan apple, pear and sultana filo tart
Makes: 1 tart
For the base
- 5 filo pastry sheets
- 60g vegan butter, melted
For the filling
- 50g Australian sultanas
- 40g toasted pecans
- 30 g toasted walnuts
- 100g toasted almonds
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 medium apples (I used pink lady )
- 2 medium pears (I used Wickham)
- 1/2 – 1 tbsp coconut sugar (to top)
- Preheat your oven to 200ºC and line a baking tray with baking paper
- Using a sharp knife, chop the nuts into small bite sized pieces and place into a bowl along with the sultanas, breadcrumbs and cinnamon. Add the maple and agave syrup and give it a good mix until well incorporated.
- Core your pears and apples, half, and cut into thin slices.
- Grab your first filo sheet and lay down on the baking paper. Brush melted vegan butter and sprinkle ¼ of the nut mixture. Then place second filo sheet carefully over, brush with vegan butter and add another ¼ of the nut mixture. Repeat twice more leaving a little nut mixture for the top.
- On the fifth filo sheet, brush butter and arrange your apple and pear slices. Add the remaining nut mixture, brush the remaining butter and sprinkle with coconut sugar. Place in oven to bake 20 minutes or until edges are crispy and golden.
- Cut into rectangles and serve warm with ice cream or whatever you desire! Enjoy!
- Note: This tart can be stored in an airtight container and enjoyed the next day. Just warm them up a little before eating!
Recipe courtesy of @earthlingsasha & Australian Dried Grapes