We have picked out this delicious colourful fish tacos recipe for you that is sure to impress. So start cooking and enjoy with your family or friends!
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp smoked or regular paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup (60ml) fresh lime juice
- 1 pound (454g) tilapia 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup (90g) shredded purple cabbage, for topping
- 1 cup (70g) broccoli slaw, for topping
- Chopped fresh coriander, for topping (optional)
- Avocado aioli, for topping
- Limes wedges, for serving
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, paprika, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, cayenne, and lime juice. Pour the mixture into a large resealable plastic bag.
Add the tilapia to the resealable bag with the mixture, securely seal the bag, and squeeze and shake the bag to coat the fish with the spices. Let the fish marinate in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes and up to 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 190°C. Line a large baking sheet with aluminium foil. Place the marinated fish, with the marinade from the bag, onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, or until the tilapia is fully cooked and easily flakes with a fork. If you would like to add a golden colour to the fish, set it under the broiler for 3 to 4 minutes, until slightly brown.
Remove the pan from the oven and use a fork to break up the fish into bite-size chunks. Set aside.
Equally divide the fish into 4 containers, storing the tortillas, any toppings, and lime wedges in separate containers and/or resealable plastic bags. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. When you are ready to enjoy the tacos, microwave the fish for 30 to 45 seconds and warm the tortillas in a large skillet over high heat.
Top with the cabbage, slaw, and coriander (if using), and serve with the lime wedges and avocado aioli.